Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Thursday, April 03, 2008

We miss you already Grandpa

Another beloved family member has returned home to Winnipeg. Abigail will miss her grandpa!


We had a wonderful time with my dad in town. We shared a lot of quality time together... with one or another usually on a laptop in the living room (it was not always Robin - he wanted me to make that clear to readers). Dad found it quite funny how the "modern" family spends time together - of course, he was just as guilty. Mom had her puzzle books; dad had his laptop (I have my knitting; Robin has X Box). [I would just like to add that mine is practical because I make baby stuff and gifts.]

Grandpa took Abbie clothes shopping - a first for him. In addition to clothes, he bought us the Sign, Sing and Play Kit for learning baby sign language. I got a new Disc World novel that I hope to pick up soon and the Sara Bareilles CD - which I LOVE. I hadn't bought a new CD in a loooooooong time.

Things change so fast with a newborn. I can't believe she will be FOUR WEEKS old tomorrow. [Robin corrected me that she'll be one MONTH on April 7, not Friday] We'll find out her current weight tomorrow at the midwives' office.

I had to take this photo this morning because it is the last time she will be wearing her Mommy and Me sleeper :( She's outgrown other NB clothing, but this one was a special gift from her Aunty Corey that we received long before her birth. It seems like only yesterday I was anticipating dressing her in this sleeper and cuddling with my baby... and now she's too big for it!

Some of you may remember when I used to say I preferred toddlers and would be happy to skip right over the newborn phase. I take it back! Don't take my cuddly newborn from me!!!

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed