Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Wednesday, December 05, 2007

December Shall Fly By

I am anticipating that December will fly by. I hope so, because we now have only 3 months remaining in the pregnancy and I'm ready to meet baby A.* (Yes, we're at 6 months already!) Of course, if I was A I certainly wouldn't be ready to come out of the womb yet. Development issues aside - it's cold out here! I know, it's cold and snowy across the country - so I'm not going to complain especially. I don't mind the cold and snow so long as it remains consistent. I hate when it melts and refreezes. Darla loves the snow - it's her favourite toy. She likes it when I go out to shovel because I throw snowballs for her. Yes, I shovel. And I don't want to hear from any worriers who think I shouldn't be doing any work. I won't be skiing or such, but I'm perfectly capable of shovelling snow.

School is wrapping up for the term. I administer my exam on Friday and will have the term papers graded by then as well. It shouldn't take me longer than the weekend to grade the exams, which means I'm free and clear as of next week! Just in time to finish up Yule gifts, go see the midwife on Monday, and start celebrating the season.
This weekend I will be at the Grand River All Breed animal rescue's Christmas party. We're setting up photo shoots with pets and santa and, among other things, I am providing the tree. I imagine once I get the tree back home I will want to set it up here. But I'm still worried about MONKEY and the tree... I think I will set it up without ornaments for a week to see what she does and train her (with a spray bottle) to stay out of it! Of course, once I manage to keep her out of the tree I still have to figure out how to keep her from unwrapping any presents. It's easy enough for me to not put wrapped gifts under the tree I suppose, but that takes half the fun out of the Christmas tree and I'm still going to have to store everything somewhere out of her reach. Stupid plastic-and-glue-chewing cat! Why oh why did we adopt that silly kitten?? (I do love her)
In other news, as you can see I cut my hair off again. It was a much needed change. A simple trim just wasn't going to satisfy me. Robin goes back to working evenings next week now that he is almost finished training the next group of workers.
*Note: We don't plan on naming the next child with a B. Just incase the phrase "baby A" made you think along those lines. In fact, now that *I've* thought of that, I can say with confidence that the next child will not be baby B. Anything but B. Maybe 2.

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed