Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Friday, December 14, 2007

The Holidays have arrived in our home

This is the earliest either of us has ever decorated for the winter holidays. I realize by the standards of many others we are actually "late" in decorating, or maybe right on schedule.

I haven't finished clearing off the living room tables (currently covered in knitting and crochet and plants) to unclutter the top of the bookcase, but it will get done... eventually.

Monkey has been very well behaved as far as the tree in concerned. She hasn't tried to climb it at all, nor has she knocked off ornaments. I am very surprised, but I'm certainly not complaining! And it's not that she hasn't been in playful moods - oh she has!

We had a midwife visit earlier this week. From now on we go back every two weeks. Things are looking good, except that I have some extra amniotic fluid which makes me "bigger" than I should be. Baby also gets extra room to move around for now - I'm sure she doesn't mind. It is something we will have to keep an eye on, but the fluid levels should return to normal on their own eventually. I also finally got my self in to see a naturopath this week and she is helping me prepare for the birth as well. I chose to see a naturopath who specializes in prenatal and families.

Today I stopped in at another baby consignment shop (2nd Time Around at Francis & King)to browse - because I'd never been to this one even though I drive past it twice a day taking Robin to work. They carry a good selection of cloth diapers. I picked up the cutest pair of Robeez slippers. I couldn't help myself. They're for 0-3 months and thus in mint condition. They were also half the price ($11) of new Robeez($22). Just look and you'll see why MY spring baby had to have them!

I love orange and I fell in love with these!! So - when you're shopping, keep in mind that too much pink will clash with these booties! ;) Otherwise, I've been good. I only bought one fuzzy, super-soft pink sleeper the other day at Hand Me Downs (on Highland, near our place; next to the pet store I had to go to) since buying the Ergo stuff. And today I picked up two small onesies with the Robeez just because they were cute and made in Canada and $2. Considering how cute baby stuff is... and how quickly the due date is approaching... I think I am restraining myself very well!

Next day addition:
Here is the latest belly art update from this morning. There are two shades of purple (after the blue), which represent an entire month's growth. The rest of the colours mark 2 weeks each.

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed