Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Boxing Day - back home

We had a wonderful holiday with family and hope you did as well! We're home now, back with the kitties - who as usual were not disturbed by our absence. Monkey did not destroy anything. As a reward I gave her a gift bow. My cats are easy to entertain.

We learned a new card game with my grandparents and during our last game I almost pee'd myself laughing - a first ever for me! Yes, it was that funny, but mostly I think it had to do with being pregnant and a confined bladder space combined with a lot of abdominal movement. I wonder what baby thought of it all...

Robin stuffed my stocking with adorable baby clothes (Awwww) - two girly items, and several more "boy" tops featuring dinosaurs and dragons and wild animals. I loved it. (Just to clarify, I don't specifically classify such things as being for boys, but I'm sure that was the maker's intentions and how most people interpret the colours and designs.) I also got a fabulous housecoat! I'm very excited - I've been bugging Robin for one for years and reminding him again now that baby is coming. Fortunately grandma thinks like me and knew it would be useful to have a housecoat soon. I also received a lovely glass, star-shaped, hanging candle lantern which we'd like to hang in baby's room with an led tealight inside. It will make a beautiful nighttime lantern.

Robin received several great cooking books, including two for baby/kid foods. This will be great when we start making baby food. Of course he got other wonderful gifts as well (such as a new card game called Killer Bunnies from me), but I'm not going to bother listing everything!

Darla is going to get a new food bowl. We just realized we left her food bowl in St. Catharines. I was planning to get her a new one anyhow, so this is just better incentive. Monkey (and the cats) got sparkly pom-poms. We don't usually do much for pet gifts since the cats have enough toys (and make their own from household items) and Darla doesn't play with many toys.

1 comment:

Jen/Joe said...

Yay for Killer Bunnies!!! We have up to the Orange expansion now. We also bought Riel the kids version "Kinder Bunnies" for Christmas. So far away but still playing the same games!

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed