Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Friday, January 19, 2007

Message Received Sabrina

Okay Okay, I get the message Sabrina. If you're commenting on a post from two years ago then you must be desperate!

What can I say? Tomorrow I will post new photos of the kitchen. Everything is in place now. Not everything is functional, but it's in place!
This evening I made my world famous oatmeal-chocolate-chip-coconut cookies. First baking since before the reno. Tastes all the yummier.

Also, this afternoon I bought coupons for a new restaurant in Kitchener called Boa Nova. It's a rodizio grill house advertised as Portugese dining with a Brazilian twist. It's essentially an all you can eat buffet according to North American descriptions, but is quite different from a standard buffet. Robin's been talking about it since he noticed the new restaurant and looked it up online. It's all you can eat MEAT (plus salads etc). But at $35 each for dinner, we've been waiting for a special occassion... Today for $30 I bought a promotional card that gets us 50% off a meal (up to $100 value) plus 4 x buy one get one dinner free, plus 6 x buy one get one lunch/brunch free. Usually I send these sales people away (someone tried to sell me one for East Side Marios, yuck), but as soon as he said Boa Nova I was sold.
So guess where we're going for Sunday brunch this week! Robin's excited.
I've never been to a rodizio before, but apparently they are everywhere in Brazil. This is the first in the area. I'll let y'all know how brunch was.

I also took some cute videos of Monkey today. Maybe I'll try my hand at uploading a video to youtube or something similar tomorrow and embedding it here. I missed the really funny stuff when Monkey and Darla were playing tag/chase around the couch.
So stay tuned for images.

What else can I mention?... My sister is being treated to a baby shower this weekend. I'm excited for her. But I didn't know the date until recently and I've not quite finished her baby blanket. I've restarted it several times now... She's due in a couple weeks, but realistically it could be any time now. She's having a home birth at my parents' house. Poor mom - she's supportive, but I know she would feel much more comfortable if V was at St. Boniface.

I've also recently learned that I need to get a flight to New Zealand in the next couple years because my friend is moving there to teach in March. She just got back from England where she was teaching for the last two years. I'm very jealous!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really? That post was from 2 years ago? *L*

Monkey is a cutie!! *L* She's such a playful devlish little girl!

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed