Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Cake and Cats



At long last I finished the baby blanket for V. I pulled it apart several times before deciding on what you see. As I lay it down to photgraph, big ol' Gryphon decided this was a great place to role. This may be my favourite picture of him to date - you can see his seafoam eyes clearly.



In the next photo, Monkey is enjoying her first taste of catnip... Then Gryphon came in and found it... Poor Fenwick, if she wants to play with the new toy she'll have to venture upstairs...



Robin's been feasting at a workplace potluck today and I'm heading out soon to a departmental potluck. Good food day. I baked my famous vegan chocolate cake. I even tried an alternative ingredient - frozen berries. I haven't tried the cake yet... but I imagine it's fabulous! I also topped it with the accompanying vegan glaze-frosting (the best recipe I've ever come across) and THEN I took the microplane to a bar of 'Endangered Species' chocolate (fairly traded) with raspberry (the 'Grizzly Bear' one).

Oooooh yummy.


The only thing that kept me from cutting a slice already was that I got to lick the frosting bowl!

(Post-potluck update: the cake was a hit! And I enjoyed hearing from several colleagues that they can always count on me to bring the best baking. See, I told you my baking is famous!!)

1 comment:

Jen/Joe said...

2 postings about food! Boa Nova sounds amazing! When we make it out your way (hopefully soon) that will definitely be on my must go to list. Gryphon and Monkey are adorable! Gryphon does have amazing eyes.

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed