Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Monday, January 08, 2007

Is Winter finally arriving???

Flurries outside the window tease us with the prospect of winter.
We've had a very warm season in southern Ontario this year. We've been without snow since December. It was a very green Yule. Many of my indoor flowers are flowering - even the geraniums I brought in from the garden. The parsley was still green and I cut some to dry yesterday - just in time! I never expected to be harvesting herbs in January! lol But the parsley just kept growing through the winter. I would have cut some earlier, but I had nowhere to dry herbs during renovations.
It doesn't look like the snow is here to stay yet. It should warm to above zero again for a few days, but perhaps we'll have a blanket of snow in a week (looking at weather forecasts). I'm sure Mother Earth would appreciate a blanket of snow so she can rest.
Maybe we'll have snow just in time for the neighbour to take down their inflatable snowmen which have been sitting on the green lawn forever.

Monkey was spayed today and I pick her up tomorrow. I called and she is doing well - not that I expected worse. I was a little concerned because the vet office (not my usual vet) tried to recommend additional proceudres such as blood testing and fluid checks - which would cost an extra $110 or so. I declined, never having used such procedures before (or heard of them). They also require post-surgery medication, which I've also never seen required before. Unfortunately, I can't decline the meds, but they're only $15. Still... seems odd to me that I've never encountered this before with several cats and several vets. I'll be asking my cousin and sil about this next time I see them.

Ooops, time to pick up Robin from work!

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed