Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Pre-Halloween Fun

With Halloween falling on a Sunday this year, everyone's been celebrating early - a sort of long weekend of Halloween.  At work, Robin dressed as Robin Hood and his team decorated their space as Sherwood Forest with Nottingham Castle in the corner (at the boss's desk).  They won the office contest for best themed decoration.  The other teams had more traditional "Halloween" themes - and I saw some cool setups in photos. But Robin's team was the most innovative.
 Today Robin, Abi and Grandpa are off to market in St. Jacob's, and then planning to find some geocaches.  Abi's wearing her Princess dress.  I suggested she might want to dress up since when we attended the local Market activities for kids on Thursday many of the kids were dressed up. 
This is how she decided to pose for a picture... 

Abi's been having great fun with her grandpa all week. 


Later today, or perhaps tomorrow, we'll finish decorating outside (it's been too windy to consider decorating early), carve a pumpkin (I already nominated grandpa and Abi for the job), and maybe decide what costume Abi will wear tomorrow.  She has three options: the Princess dress above, a witch dress (that she wore to the Medieval Faire), and a unicorn costume.  Or I might suggest the Princess dress OVER the unicorn costume ;)

I suppose I should also decide what I am going to wear tomorrow.  So far the plan is I'll stay home to hand out treats while Abi goes out with dad and grandpa.  I've got stickers ready to hand out, and a pile of stickers ready to trade with Abi - stickers for candy.  This year should be interesting as I think she's more aware of what candy is. Last year I pretty much could just take the candy and she didn't miss it.  She didn't know what she was missing.  In the last year, however, she'll have witnessed more kids eating candy... thus I am prepared to trade/bribe her candy away from her.  Not because I want it, but because I don't think it's right for a two year old to eat candy. 
So why trick or treat? Because she LOVES going door to door and getting stuff. She loves the decorations and the other kids in costume.  She loves getting dressed up.  It's all great fun.

Not much else of interest to write about. Well, not related to Halloween.

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed