Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Friday, October 15, 2010

Pink socks


There was something I was intending to post, but now I forget what that was. Something Abi-related...
Maybe I was going to tell you that Abi has her own pair of knitted socks in pink. She watches me knit socks for others and has been requesting a pair for herself. It's not as if they are difficult to make in her size, but I always tend to put it off. Eventually I did cast on a pair as my simple project - the one that I can carry around and add a row here and there. You know, waiting for Robin to get out of work if we're picking him up. Walking to and from the grocery store in the evening the night before Thanksgiving dinner when Robin realizes we don't have any RobinHood pasty mix at home to prepare the crust for the pie he's promised my family he'll make for tomorrow's dinner. We get there only to find they no longer carry the product (no local stores seem to! yikes). Then we get half-way home and realize that we forgot Abi's purse on the bench I was sitting on, waiting with Darla while Abi and Robin shopped. So I had to turn around alone while Abi, Robin, and Darla continued home. Good thing I had that knitting with me - the kind that I can do while I'm walking in the dark (or as dark as it gets in the city).
Photobucket

But that can't have been it, because I was thinking of posting yesterday and I only finished these this morning while encouraging Abi to eat her oats and sit still (hahahahahaha).

It was going to be a brilliant commentary too... ;P

Oh well. Abi's next request is for a pink scarf. Why does she hate me? lol Pink? pink!
....pink.

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed