Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Saturday, October 23, 2010

critters

It seems we have more than one stow-away snail in the tank.  We've been watching this one grow from a clear blob-thing, to something with a shell. And it continues to grow.  I assume it's an Apple Snail. It's pretty cute, but I hope it focuses on dining on the excess dead stuff rather than the plants.

Here you can see both snails on the tank wall.  There's also a third baby (itty-bitty) in the tank, but not pictured here. I can't tell yet whether the third snail will be a trumpet snail (like the black snail at top) or an apple snail.  So far they are not a problem, but if the snails continue to reproduce at a snail's rate (which is more like bunny-speed), I'll have to take measures to thin the herd.

And here's the spider that was crawling up my office wall yesterday.  I managed to trap it and put it out in the rain - I don't think the spider was impressed. One minute it's in a nice warm, dry house, the next it's out in the cold and rain.

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed