Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Since daddy returned

Even since daddy/Robin returned, Abi is still clinging to mommy.
And she watches Finding Nemo a lot. That Dory sure is funny.

Nothing much exciting around here. Abi received a gift from Mexico yesterday. A lovely handmade set of couches and table for her dolls. She was very happy with the present and proceeded to set them up and seat her dolls.I have also discovered that Abi enjoys coffee, ice cream and cookies in bed.
Imaginary food of course! I discovered this one night while laying down with her. She was babbling away between "hushes" as usual and asked her usual favourite question in her 'cutest' tone: "Can I have a cooookie? I want a cookie." To which she already knows the response is no. I discovered that an imaginary cookie was just as good when I offered her one. After they were "all gone" she proceeded to find a whole "box" of them in her headboard, along with some crackers as well as coffee for me. A tasty bedtime treat.
Of course, an imaginary cookie doesn't always satisfy her, but I can try.

Ever since Robin left, I've had to lay down with Abi to get her to sleep. I'm slowly weaning myself away. I don't think it is entirely related to Robin leaving, even though that did upset the routine. The routine was already faltering as Abi has reached a period where she thinks about things. A lot. She'll tell you all about her day, and the day before, and last week, and what she wants to do next week. Then she'll want to play patti-cake and maybe peekaboo with a blanket. And, of course, after laying down she'll have to go pee at least twice. In short, she will delay sleeping as long as possible! A couple nights ago she had to call Nana and others to say goodnight. (Only Nana turned out to be home.)
Me, I sit quietly and calmly. Knitting. The type of simple knitting I can do in the dark. (Currently a very simple semi-circle shawl for Abi.)

Oh, and she's diaper free at night now too. Sometimes she wets her daycare nap-diaper, but I suspect that's largely just because she knows she can. I should remember to speak with J about Abi being finished with diapers at home.
YAY for no more diapers!!!!
(Even if they are super-cute cloth diapers and wool covers...)

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed