Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Saturday, May 29, 2010

Single-Parenting it

The weekend approaches. 3 days in with this single-parenting thing... working on a new sleep routine for Abi, since Robin usually puts her to bed. No idea what we'll do this weekend.

Abi went to the beach with daycare this week. She really loved it and told me all about playing in the sand and water and beach on the way home. She also listed all the foods she ate, and one I couldn't identify. She named it again today on the way home. Finally called J to figure out what it is... Goldfish. And it's not even her who eats them - it's the other kids, though I'm sure they share with her. She was very excited to talk about eating Goldfish. Of course, every day she tells me "I already had two cookies." Yes, yes you did Abi... 3 days ago... I guess if you already had 2 cookies you don't need any more today. What's the other thing she tells me she already ate...? something that seems funny to me.

Her favourite phrases are funny. "My daddy/mommy told me that." "I already..." "Remember when..." "Can I have a cookie please? One cookie, two cookies! I already had two cookies, mommy!"
"Mom, I want to go home. I want to go to bed." she says with her head on my shoulder
"you do?"
"No! I don't want to go to bed!"

I have a couple good video waiting to be formatted and will share soon.
g'night

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed