Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Thursday, May 20, 2010

All set up


For the most part I'm all set up on the new computer in my office. Files have been transferred. Most of the programs are uploaded (apparently after switching to 64 bit Robin neglected to once again upload the programs - so really he wasted a bunch of time and had me trying to search out the programs he'd said he had added - programs I need to work).
Alas, no new monitor yet. Waiting for a "super sale" :( WOrking from the ol' massive monitor that takes up half the desk. So unpractical! Where will my work papers go? This is half the reason I had a laptop in the first place - to save space. For now, the speed and functionality of the new harddrive outweighs the inconvenience of the monitor, so I'll make do. But I may whine a little.

Getting used to a full keyboard again (back to my original keyboard, because at least I was once familiar with it and it works well) and a mouse (wireless!). Orienting myself to Windows 7. Trying to figure out why I can't update the flash player (giving up for now!) The usual new-computer stuff.

In Abi news.... let's see... counting up to 20 for fun. Have I previously mentioned her love of the book Everyone Poops? It's been her favourite for a while now. You can tell because she recites the book (or as she says, she reads it) almost exactly. "Fish poop. Birds poop. And bugs too!" With summer in full swing around here, she's enjoying playing outside with water - except for the getting wet part. The seeds we planted together are growing well and she enjoys watering those for us.
I promised photos, so let me go check the files and see what I have. I'm going to time how long it takes to find stuff on the new computer... There you go, up top. Abi trying to tie her own laces. she can get a half-knot.
Let's see about a video...



Which reminds me that she also feeds the cats as well as Darla now.

(PS It was very fast to upload and find photos.)

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed