Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Daddy loves me

It's been a while since my last post. Sorry. Been busy. Among other things, we're switching over to a new computer! I can't wait to start working on it in my office. So far Robin's been setting it up with the programs I need. It runs Windows 7 and it's fast. That's all I care about - speed. And I'm looking forward to having two documents open side by side so I can take notes while reading e-articles. To do that we need to buy a new wide monitor. This is my first time on the new computer, which is still in the basement.
We've also had several funerals to attend. My great aunt a couple months ago, then my grandpa and two of his siblings last month all within a few weeks. It's been a bad time to share my family name. We've seen the extended family a lot lately. Abi has quite enjoyed that aspect of it, especially trips to see Em - or as she calls her, Emy. She's quite enamored of my cousin. My dad, sister and nephew were also in province visiting my grandpa before he passed away, so Abi talks of her cousin DoDo a lot and wants to see him.
Yes, I know, we're working on that - moving home.

In Robin news, guess who's going to Mexico for 3 weeks without his family soon. Good guess! Now, you might be inclined to think him fortunate, but he's going for work, it's freakin' hot there, and he can't drink the water or ice - so I don't know how much fun he'll have :P Or so I tell myself as I prepare to single-parent it for 3 weeks. I may see about taking a few days vacation at my aunt's (hi Rita...) if she's available.

As for Abi, she's as cute as ever. I'm not just saying this, honest. I can't go anywhere with her without a couple people at least saying so. I swear, I don't know why she's so smiley and happy all the time. Every time she cries I like to point it out to people: see, see, she's not always happy! She's extra talkative lately. She enjoys telling me all about her day. She plays a lot of imaginary games. I continue to be frustrated by her puzzle skills (or lack thereof), but I know it's because her skills lie elsewhere right now. Nevertheless, I don't like doing puzzles with her! lol It's been fun listening to her language develop, such as coming up with her own complex sentences such as "daddy loves me".
Yep, life is full and wonderful and exciting. Which is why I've not been online much. I have some photos on my ol' laptop, but nothing special. I promise to share some good pictures when I have them.

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed