Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Sunday, January 03, 2010

Dad-Dy!

True story from this afternoon.
Robin put Abi down for a nap.
Abi was playing in the room, I could hear here talking to herself as she sometimes does before she falls asleep.
Then I heard her calling out (I was reading in the living room, Robin was gaming in the basement), so Robin went back up to:
"Dad-dy! I went pee!" says Abi, accusingly, as Robin opens the door and she tosses her diaper and pants at him. Sure enough, she had removed her pants and nap-time diaper, peed in the potty, and now wanted Dad-dy to put her diaper back on. She threw herself back on the bed and waited for her diaper. Then Robin laid her back, took the potty out of the room to clean, and she went to sleep (I assume. Haven't heard a peep).
I thought it was cute.

Why am I spelling it "Dad-dy"? Because that is how Abi pronounces it. We were simply Mum and Dad until about two days ago when she started emphasizing the "dy" after "dad". I'm still mum.

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed