Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Thursday, January 14, 2010

10 Years

Today marks the ten year anniversary of our first date. Granted, we'd actually been seeing each other since mid-December of 2009, but before this date we were at group parties and talking on the phone (with me sick in bed most of the holidays, even when I went out for New Years just so I could see Robin). Yep, ten years. That's a long time. 10 wonderful years I should add.

Today also started well. Robin made a pot of coffee, and that's always a good start :)
Abi woke up happy (another good start) and had fun playing in the snow as I scraped the car windows. (I took this picture just for you!)

On the drive to daycare, I had the distinct pleasure of honking at the moron who kept creeping into the intersection at a red light. Oh how I hate when people do that (far too common!). I'm not sure why they bother. "Dude, the light is RED. It's still GREEN for the other direction. This is a major intersection and your creeping into it will not cause the light to change sooner." That's what my horn said today. When I'm behind such people (which I wasn't, I was beside them) I find it even more annoying because, despite seeming as if they really want to go, these people are always the slowest to actually go when the light changes. I'm sure it has to do with the fact that, while two seconds ago they were creeping forward, they now have stopped their momentum and are in "stop" mode (finally - half-way into the intersection!) and have to mentally switch back to "go" mode - and, well, these clearly are not very mentally-intelligent people. Meanwhile, everyone else who simply waited is already through the intersection.
I'm sure you share my frustration with these morons.
I was also pleased to see some guy getting a ticket, presumably for speeding through the school zone. It was the hour when kids are arriving, many families are crossing the street, cars are parked/stopped along the road. In short, it's not a good time to go speeding by! I've often seen police parked, waiting to catch morons here (on Keats). I confess, I do exceed the speed limit at times, but certainly not in front of a (well marked) school zone during school hours. And, inevitably, even when I'm (moderately) exceeding the limit (ie, moving with traffic in Ontario), there's always someone blowing past me. I like to think of them as "bait" - because if there are police officers set up to catch speeders, they're certainly going to catch those other drivers before I arrive. And really, I'd rather such drivers not be directly in front of me, or riding my butt, causing an accident.

Hmm, that was a lot of writing about bad drivers.

Anyhow, I'm off to shower and get ready for teaching. Then go pick up the film to show in class, grab some food, more coffee perhaps, and greet 200 still-eager students.
Then home again, do more work, get dressed for our date tonight, pick up Abi for some cuddle/play time, drop her at the babysitter's, pick up Robin, then go out. Whoa - busy day! When will I fit in knitting???!! LOL

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed