Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Thursday, December 03, 2009

December? Seriously?

Less than two weeks and we'll be greeting Nana and Papa and Coco and Papa and Ro and Do and Sca and Ed. If Abi knew to expect something, I think she would be very excited. We often tell her that we're going to Winnipeg and who we will see. So now, when we ask her who she will see in Winnipeg, she tells us. Corey's in for a real treat because "Co-Co" is currently one of her favourite words. And she gets excited when she sees a picture of Nana.

As people have started asking about gifts, all I'll say is that there is an updated list (and I'll try to keep it updated) linked on the side of the blog. It's http://abi.wouldlovethis.com/

Today I got the car back with its shiny new bumper. Yippee. Unfortunately, it smelled like a garage inside, so I took it out for some fresh air. We (car and I) drove down to Walmart because another friend who practices Elimination Communication had recommended a fold up toilet seat for kids she found there. Abi likes to use the toilet more than her potties now, so it made sense to us to bring a foldable seat to Winnipeg and it will help while we are out. At home we just hold her on the seat, but soon enough she'll want to do it herself. Abi has been wearing underwear a lot lately - at her insistence - so I picked up a few pairs of cloth training pants too. It's difficult to find underwear her size! It turns out, also, that all the ones her size are a bikini style rather than a full brief. I didn't realize this when I bought her first package, but I've shopped around and that's all I can find in a 2. I can find briefs in a 2/3, but those are far too big for Abi. I'm not surprised that there are few underwear options for a child Abi's age/size. I'm sure I could find some online from specialty suppliers (EC stores and whatnot), but for now we have enough.

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed