Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Monday, November 30, 2009

Reduced to a syllable

Abi is looking forward to seeing
Do
Ra
Sca
Co-co (or is that cocoa)
Ed
Nana
Papa
and Papa

Those would be
Dorion
Veronica
Scott
Corey
Ed
Nana
Pa-Pere
and Grandpa.

We've been looking at her scrapbook together and talking about family. She remembers Nana easily - since she was recently visiting. She recognizes her papas, but hasn't had the same amount of time with them. When grandpa was here, he didn't consistently refer to himself as Papa/Grandpa the way my mom called herself Nana. However, with pictures in front of her, she enjoys pointing out all these people (sometimes with prompting, sometimes on her own) along with mom and dad and Abi/baby (depending on how old she was in the photo).
If I mention any of these people, she fetches her scrapbook and opens to the family page to point them out.
I'm excited to see her reaction when she gets to see all these people in person again.
It's also made me realize we don't have enough pictures around of them. I aim to fix that with the next scrapbook - which I've started sorting through/uploading to print digital photos for.

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed