Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Thursday, December 03, 2009

Diapers no more

ETA: How do I keep forgetting to mention that Abi has all her teeth in now? Well, she does.

It's official. Childcare provider has confirmed - we no longer need to use diapers.
OMG, that seems crazy to me. No more wool soakers or longies or skirties :( Damn, I knit one she hasn't even grown into yet!
Good thing I picked up those new underwear today.
Abi's been without diapers at home for a long time now, but I've always sent her to daycare with diapers because I didn't imagine the childcare provider would want to deal with the accidents that might happen. Really, I should have known earlier and talked with her childcare provider about this long ago when I noticed she would only have to change the diaper once (maybe twice, but that was probably days Abi refused to pee before we left in the morning). The rest of the time Abi was using the potty at daycare.
Today she refused a diaper and rather than be late I brought her to daycare with underwear on and extra diapers in the bag, as well as extra pants, socks, leggings, slippers - just in case.
When I picked her up, CP said she'd been in underwear (and pants of course) all day and that I needn't send diapers any more. It's easier to use the potty/toilet when you don't have a diaper to get off!

I knew this day would come eventually... but wow. Not sure I'm done with those cute wool soakers. She's still wearing a diaper to bed for now - with a wool soaker. Lately she's been a heavy wetter early in the morning hours before anyone (including her) is awake. Once we move her to her own bed (and she seems to be ready for her own space), it will be easier to have her on the soaker pad in case of accident. I know from experience that she can sleep through the night without wetting her diaper, we just don't want her wetting our bed accidentally.

The other problem is that some of her pants won't fit without a diaper on! Baby clothes are designed for diapered bums and she's petite, so toddler clothes (some of which are sized for potty-using kids) are too big/long. So if she looks to be swimming in her pants and you're wondering where her bum went... now you know.

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed