Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Monday, December 28, 2009

Wonderful and Exhausting

We have returned home from a wonderful and exhausting 10 days in Winnipeg over the holidays. We saw many people, but not as many as we would have liked and not for as much time as we would have preferred. Such is the way when you return home for a short visit during a busy season.
Most of my photos and videos are still in Winnipeg after I downloaded them on to Corey's computer to make space on the camera (we should really get a bigger memory card...) and did not get an opportunity to send them to myself. I did post some directly to FB if you're there.
Here's a small sampling:
Abi with her new doll and doll sling.
Yule09 017

Abi with her cousins.
Yule09 014

Abi modelling DoDo's new fish hat for me.
Yule09 005

Robin's back to work today. Abi's sleeping in and home for the day because it's the stat holiday alternate. We'll be unpacking some more I imagine - her tossing clothes, me trying to put them away. I have no idea where I'm fitting all this stuff we brought back. Abi received all sorts of wonderful new things, like a wooden xylophone, dolls, doll sling, doll stroller, bath toys, clothes, movies, CDs, books... You know what it's like. I had serious doubts that I would fit it all (plus our gifts) into the luggage - but I did!

Unfortunately, a stomach flu was making its rounds. Abi was throwing up the two days before Christmas, but playing between up-chucks. So, aside from the mess and not liking the actual throwing-up part, she was in pretty good humour if a little clingy. She was most tired/clingy on Christmas eve and day after she finished with the flu and was hungry from not eating/keeping food down and tired from poor sleep (as were we!). As far as flues go, however, I think we had it pretty easy - no fever, relatively short lived (but poorly timed), no other symptoms.

I was pleased by how well all my hand-knit sock gifts were received. You know, being socks and all. I finished the last pair on Boxing Day. I think I could have finished before Christmas if Abi hadn't gotten sick. ;)

We hope your holidays were enjoyable.
GTG, Abi sounds like she is waking...

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed