Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Monday, December 08, 2008

An Open Letter to Ericka

Dear Ericka,

do you remember that time at the mall when you still only had one daughter and I wanted to take a photograph of her on the carousel? I believe that was Christmas 2000. Remember how she got her clothes dirty and I insisted on buying her a new sweater for the photograph, so she wouldn't have a dirty shirt? That was a cute sweater. Remember how I said *my* kids would always have clean clothes on? Remember how you laughed?
Yeah, me too.
I laugh now.
Abigail has a spot of banana on her shirt that escaped the bib. She had banana all over her face that I washed off, but I apparently didn't notice it on the back of her head. Until now. This is the normal banana aftermath - what happens when you give a baby a chunk of banana. Currently she is playing in some plant soil. I've given up on expecting that she will never get into the soil. She doesn't usually try to eat it. She would much rather chew on a plant leaf. In truth, she'd rather have a piece of lettuce than banana. Weird child.

Anyhow, I thought it only fair to say: You were right. I was naive. Go ahead and laugh Ericka.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hee hee! I consider myself pretty lucky to be able to learn from all of you experienced mothers in my life before I have children of my own (which can't come fast enough!)

Anonymous said...

Oh Mandy..not to worry I knew your time would come and you would find out!! LOL..and not to worry I laughed at you then, and I'm laughing at you now!!
But I love that fact that you said I was right... You should say it again!! LOL

Mandyz said...

Ericka, you were right.

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed