Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Friday, November 14, 2008

A Girls Day

"What a day, what day". And I'm only half way through it yet! (I have a girls movie night / birthday celebration to attend this evening).
Abigail, Erykah Badu and I drove out to Toronto this morning to meet Susan and Aya. Susan and I are both members of the Earthy Birthy Thought Swap, an online discussion forum for earthy-birthy moms. I have been a member there for about 10 years and I credit the women there with much of my parenting skills and knowledge. Members are scattered across the globe. Today I met one of them who hails from New Brunswick and is visiting family in Ontario. Aya and Abigail are less than a month apart in age. I knew from our posts that Aya and Abigail have reached similar developmental stages, have similar behaviours and so forth, but when we finally met I truly saw how alike they are. They are both beautiful, smiley, happy, exploring, cuddly babies. It was a joy to watch them interact. I went to meet an online correspondent, but I feel we left having met friends. Susan and I are very similar in our approach to parenting and our demeanors. From the moment we hugged hello it felt like I was meeting up with an old friend. One of the wonderful things about the Earthy Birthy Thought Swap is that the core group of members (those of us who post often) have developed a supportive relationship. One day I hope to meet them all! Susan and I enjoyed a delicious lunch at The Raging Spoon (what a great name) after a shopping excursion at Romni Wools (yarn heaven).
Aya and Abigail
Aya and Abigail
Aya and Abigail
Abigail and Aya
Abigail and Aya
Abigail, Tori Amos (the music I was listening to on the highway was very important to the trip) and I left with fond memories and a bag of yarns (most importantly, the yarn I needed to finish my mom's socks).

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed