Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Dessert Break

As I take a dessert break from transcribing interviews, I thought I should let you all know that Robin is a great husband. He just brought me up a hot lava cake, fresh from the oven. For those of you who have been treated to Robin's personal lava cakes, make sure you don't drool on the keyboard. This isn't some packaged dessert. This is Robin's own creation, discovered by accident one day. You too can make your own lava cakes at home. Just prepare the brownie recipe on the cocoa tin (Robin quarters it for the two of us I believe) and pour into a ramekin dish. Bake in the oven for the normal time (sorry, you'll have to play with the time to find what works best in your oven with your dish). Of course, because the brownies are supposed to be in a shallow dish, when you insert your fork into the finished cake you will discover an ooey-gooey center. Careful, it's hot (like lava, silly). I know you'll want to take a big bite, but don't burn your tongue! I should listen to my own advice. I inevitably scorch my mouth every time. If you want to get fancy, top with a raspberry sauce. Or dust with icing sugar.
Make sure you have milk at hand. Robin forgot my glass, but he's forgiven since he does only have two arms and one of them was holding Abigail.
Well, my cake is consumed. I wish I could have extended the break longer, but I could not slow myself down. Speaking of milk, it sounds as if Abigail needs some. Milk break! (I hear Robin in the fridge. I bet he's drinking milk too.)

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed