Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Friday, August 29, 2008

Nap Time

Something wonderful came out of that headcold we all had. Yes, something truly magnificent. Nap time! Actually, nap times. Abigail now takes two naps a day PLUS sleeps through the night. It is wonderful!!! Nap Time
Our day looks something like this:
0800h - Robin getting ready for work. Abigail has her last morning sleep-feed. That is, she nurses while sleeping. I sleep too.
0830h - Robin leaves for work. I roll out of bed soonafter, very quietly. Eat breakfast and start working in my office. Yes, I'm back to working in my office and it's great! If Abigail stirs I hear her. If she's still asleep (too early to wake yet!) I lay down, she nurses and falls back to sleep.
1000-1100h - Abigail wakes up, uses the potty. Now it's play time! I do stuff like laundry while she rolls around in the living room.
1200-1300h (depending on when she woke) - Abigail has a long nurse and falls back to sleep for nap number one. I go back to the office, or some such thing.
1400h - Abigail wakes again. More play time, run errands, etc.
1700-1800h - Time to start a nap again, just in time for Robin to return home, make dinner and leaving me time to eat. Yay.
1900-2000h - Wake up for evening fun with Robin. Back to the office for me.
2200-2300h - Bed time.

It has the potential for being productive. Of course, it doesn't always work out so nicely, but it is much better than no naps during the day!

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed