Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Back to Work

As of this evening I am officially back to work. I just e-mailed a long list of people regarding my research again and have already scheduled interviews with one family. Going back to work is both exciting and daunting. There are good and less good things about working from home. Who wants to work when I could be playing with Abbie? Or more appropriately, who can work with a babe who eats every couple hours, takes only cat-naps during the day, and desires a lot of attention? She's asleep on my lap right now after nursing. It's a good thing I am proficient at typing with one hand.
Another hitch now is that many of the families interested in participating live further away than I would prefer to travel, however it is very difficult to find families that fit my research criteria and are willing to participate. I will have to adjust my interviewing format to accomodate this by decreasing the number of visits I make. Research in the field rarely runs as smoothly as envisioned.

As for Abigail and the rest of the family: pets are well, Robin has a cold, and Abbie is awake again. I won't bother posting photos for a while because there are several pages of new pictures at Flickr. That's more than enough to satisfy any photo-cravings you may have - at least until I capture a new cute thing.

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed