Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Learned Kid

Abigail attended the Societas Magica conference on Magic: Frontiers and Boundaries this week. I accompanied her. We learned many things. It was an interested conference for its multidisciplinary approach to one topic - magic. There were people studying a very wide variety of its manifestations - from ancient texts to modern practitioners and everything between. The delegates came from across the western world. We were lucky to have this conference in our backyard, so to speak. All too frequently for me, these types of conferences, which I would live to attend, are held in Europe.
Abigail was on her best behaviour at the conference. But she stayed home with dad in the evening, so she missed the three wonderful keynote lectures.
Yep, Abbie's going to be even smarter than me :) At the very least, she'll probably have a better vocabulary. I already read to her from the Journal for the American Academy of Religion and other such texts. Of course, I'm not trying to indoctrinate her in this field of study, it's just a way of keeping her entertained (being read to) while I get some necessary reading done.

Also, today is Father's Day. I would add a photo of Abbie and Robin today, but I just discovered that the batteries on the camera are dead. Here's one from recently at least.

New dress from Brazil

Robin received bath sheets (ie, huge towels) and a movie for Father's Day. Our Star Trek movie collection is now complete.

Happy Father's Day to all the rest of the fathers we know.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy First Father's Day Robin!! What a great picture of the proud papa. :D
Glad you had such a good time at the conference.

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed