Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Eat, Sleep and...

Lately I spend my time either eating or sleeping/resting or, well, you know. (I'm rather like a baby with these babies inside.)  There's also the time playing games with Abi and the occassional walk - such as when I suggested she and I go out for pancake breakfast on my birthday before remembering we have no vehicle and have to walk to Perkins. I made it. Or the afternoon at the zoo when I managed to walk for a good 2 hours.  I was pretty impressed with myself.  (Sad, I know, but if I had a photo of myself to share right now I think you would better understand.)
And, of course, while resting awake I knit.  I've also been reading, but mostly I knit because knitting feels more productive.  Granted, I have had to take it slow since I only have the small amount of yarn for 3 projects (one finished) that I brought in the car.  I finished two mini alien/bug stuffies for the twins (knit with some Koigu orphans). I'm working on a baby blanket and my Sabbatical cardigan (which requires some serious tinking/frogging I don't want to think about!).  I neeeeeed my stash and my needles back! This evening when we unload the POD. (Photos when the camera arrives with Robin.)  I was hoping my Turkish spindles and fibre from ThreadsThruTime would arrive yesterday (birthday gift on my birthday - a novel idea), but alas, the mail carrier was not obliging. Perhaps today wil be my lucky day - at the very least I can retrieve my "old" stuff from the POD.

Resting is fairly easy to do since Abi is generally respectful of my need to rest, but also because I have few other responsibilities at this point - beyond growing babies.  All the flurry of activity to move across provinces has mostly come to an end, for now. (Until we buy a new house and have to move stuff a shorter ways, etc.)  Even Robin has little to do now but go to work and wait until he can drive out to join us at the end of the month. 
Because, WOOT!, our house is officially sold! As of yesterday following the buyer's house inspection and mortgage confirmation we had sold the house.  Of course, the days leading up to that were not so smooth. Poor Robin had a lot of clean up and last minute work to do before showings began (big thanks to our friend Denis for helping out all weekend!), and then an offer came in almost immediately and the negotiations began and then, on Good Friday (ie, a holiday), the water heater crashed.  Yes, of course it did.  Robin's been without hot water since then, although friends have kindly been offering their showers.  And, fortunately, ours was listed as a rental heater, so it's a relatively simple task to have it replaced.  Nevertheless, we were afraid the buyers might back out.

Me, I trusted it would all work out.  And it did.  Thus, while Robin was stressing I was resting and spending time with my immediate family.  Soon I'll start visiting with extended family, but given that I've now moved here permanently, I don't feel rushed and I've needed to rest.  Plus, there was Easter holidays and chocolate-filled children to deal with most recently.
Did you know that you can place a request for the Easter bunny to come by mid-day after all the kids have arrived? Yep, it's true.  Whoddathunk the Easter bunny doesn't have to come early morning while kids are asleep?

On the baby-front, all is good.  I have my first local OB appointment on Friday and I imagine that will lead to a busier regime of medical visits as I'm nearing the end.  I've quite enjoyed this little medical-break while between OBs.  No ultrasounds, no doctors since Mar 26, no non-stress tests (yet). Plenty of fetal movement (dancing babies!) and clearly growth.  I've been eating and sleeping a lot - I did mention that.  My poor tummy vividly shows growth; I've got some "angry" looking stretch marks as you might imagine.  Photos eventually, I promise.  For your imagination, consider my (former) belly button to be the center of a drawing of a sun with heavy red zig-zag lines emanating out.  It reminds me of an "angry" sun.
And gee, only another month of growth left... "only".
(You see, when I posted long ago about being "big", I wasn't really meaning I felt huge at the time, but it was the realization that I was big and yet there was still many, many weeks left of growth and I could not imagine getting bigger. I still can't.)
Oh, and eating, I can apparently still pack it in.  Honestly, I have no idea where the food goes when I'm eating, but I can eat more than the men... Plus the snacks throughout the day. Yep, eating and sleeping and... making room for more nutrients. That's my life.

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed