Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Ultrasound Update - yay

Much to my surprise and delight I have some photos to share from this afternoon's ultrasound.
 This one of Earb is quite funny and a little blurry. She is looking up, head on the left. Her mouth is open and her tongue is actually darting out.   See it now?  In the womb she is facing up.


 This one of Iongantas shows her face-on. Head on the left too (because both are head-down). You can see her chubby little cheeks and it almost looks like her eyes-sockets are actually her eyes with a little gleam in them.   From another angle we got to see peach fuzz on her head!  In the womb she is facing her sister (so, facing my right).

Both babies (and their amniotic fluids) are looking great. And their blood flow both measured close to the norm today rather than diverging, which was wonderful to hear.  I also inquired about sizes.  Earb is about 4 1/2 lbs while Iongantas is about 5 1/2 lbs.  They are both a good size and growing well.  However, from what my OB said at our last visit (and I see her again tomorrow), if Iongantas is more than a pound bigger, then I'll most likely have a c-section because she is the second in line for a vaginal delivery and is more likely to become stuck.  We'll see how things develop in the next few weeks.  Certainly there is no indication for an early delivery yet.

Last night my sister decorated my belly with henna.  I'll share photos as soon as I can get my dad to upload them from his camera (I don't know where it is).   This morning I had to decorate Abi's belly with some of the leftover henna so that she could match me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! I am glad to see the girls (all of them!) are doing well. Wondering if Robin has arrived at this point. Can't wait to see the henna pics! Love, Nyx.

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed