Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Missed Eclipse

I stayed up past 2am hoping to catch the Eclipse (I hear it made some brief appearances), but the clouds were too thick.  Took a walk in the cool, crisp night while the family slept.  I was considering waiting longer, while still working, but Abi awoke and I fell asleep with her.  I've heard some people watched it live online, but that would defeat the purpose for me.  In that case, I'm sure I can catch it later on Youtube.
I did wake in time to see the sun rising through our window, over the trees.  Granted, it's not hard to wake in time for that considering how late the sun rises these days.
Oh how I look forward to shorter nights and longer days.

I've been singing the Winter Solstice song from Circle Round "The sun is born again today" (well, tomorrow, but I've been singing it for a few days now for Abi) "We greet the sun's first morning rays, We sing and celebrate that light. The sun's born in the longest night."

I also wrote a new verse for the Circle Round song Welcome Back to the Rain.  My version is for the snow. (Actually, now that I think of it I also have other rain verses, but those aren't relevant right now).
Welcome back to the snow snow snow
We love the season when the trees are aglow
And snowflakes fall upon us all
Welcome back to the snow
 Off to Little Bean cafe this morning to finish up Chapter 5 and get out of the house!  Abi was home with a sore tummy (me thinks too many cookies at the parties!). She insisted all she wanted to do was stay home with mommy - although I tempted her with thoughts of all her favourite daycare activities to test her.  She rested all day and didn't ask for cookies. So I guess she really was not feeling well.  Mid afternoon, she asked to go to daycare, but it was too late.  She tried asking for cookies twice, but was informed that there were most definitely not going to be any cookies for her if she was sick that day.  Much to my surprise she didn't even try to open the two containers within her reach.  See, sick.  The cookie monster never misses an opportunity to steal cookies within her reach!

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed