Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Happy Holidays Gatherings


We're gearing up for four days of fun!  It all starts Thursday with a potluck, cookie exchange, (and perchance some knitting?) with the UpTown Knit Mob.  Nom nom nom. 
Followed by an evening babysitting for a friend, which equates to a fun playdate for Abi.  This will be the first time the friend has been here, after Abi's visited there a couple times, so I'm sure she'll be showing him all her toys.
Saturday evening is the housewarming / Christmas party for Robin's cousins, where I expect Candace will feed Abi loads of cookies and treats (again) and Abi will stay up partying until perhaps she falls asleep on someone. (Any volunteers?)
Sunday is our Yule potluck with friends.

I hope you have fun this weekend too!

By Saturday I hope to have my NEW GLASSES! Yes, after a decade of the same glasses and same prescription, I finally got my eyes to an exam and bought new glasses.  Basically, I couldn't find my reading glasses for days (found them when I got home, of course) and I can no longer look at the computer with my regular glasses without an instant headache - not productive.  I'd been writing by hand in the meantime (without glasses).  For months now my standard glasses have been causing me pain and my reading glasses seemed a better prescription, except that the frames are broken (even older frame than current glasses) and not comfortable.  Needless to say, I was well overdue for an eye exam and new glasses. (I did get my eyes checked before the wedding 6.5 yrs ago and my prescription hadn't changed. I had intended to do it around the time when I got pregnant, then put it off until post-partum, and then never did get around to it.)  My eyesight has improved and my new prescription is weaker. That explains why the reading glasses felt better.



 In this large photo you might be able to see Abi's dental work on her left side. Teeth inside the canines are the worst, but the left has been rebuilt while her right still needs to be drilled and rebuilt - next year when insurance is "renewed" to cover the costs!

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed