Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Friday, November 05, 2010

26 hour hat

Normally I'd be aghast to think it took my 26 hours to knit a hat. Especially a toddler hat.
But considering this one started with fiber that had to be spun, I think 26 hours is reasonable. (Plus there was sleep, childcare, dissertation work - YES THERE WAS! - and such things in between.

A few hours after my last post about the fiber preparation, as the yarn was drying, I started this hat. Fortunately, the wet yarn didn't take long to dry, so I was able to have the entire thing finished by 9:30 or so.
See:

Only the purple band is the handspun. The pink is some leftover Briggs and Little. The base ribbing is sock yarn held double (mom, you will recognize the yarn in the future ;)

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed