Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Friday, February 26, 2010

Secret Winnipeg visit

Fewf, Veronica finally updated her status on Facebook and as far as I'm concerned that means I can now share that I spent last week in Winnipeg preparing for and attending my sister's wedding.
It was a semi-elopement wedding with just the siblings (and families, except not Robin who had to work) and parents in attendance.
Official photos have yet to be sent, and since I was both in the wedding party and occupied with a cranky baby, I don't have any of the ceremony :(
But I have a few pictures I'll go post on Flickr.

Abi had a great time with her cousin. She and I were busy visiting grandparents and aunties and preparing for the wedding! I managed to forget Abi's snowpants, hat and scarf at the new in-laws (although we thought I'd forgotten them at the farm) and then I left my keys in Winnipeg! Going there, I neglected to bring shoes for the wedding because it was in their living room, I didn't have room for shoes, and I figured I wouldn't need them. I forgot we were going out for dinner and apparently everyone was wearing shoes indoors, including my sister. Who'd have thunk my hippy-sis would wear shoes at her wedding?? :P I also had to rush to finish knitting her a wedding shawl. I was going to make her a large shawl for this summer, but when I received the phone call two weeks before the wedding I decided to drastically revise that plan!
Oh, it was crazy. And I couldn't say anything!

Off to upload pictures as I've been waiting to do forever!

1 comment:

Jen said...

Beautiful photos! I'm glad that you were able to be with your sister for her wedding. What a wonderful secret visit!

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed