Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Saturday, March 06, 2010

Last Minute Knitting

Lately I find myself desperately trying to finish a knitted gift project at the last minute.
Tonight it is Abi's blanket.
In February it was my sister's wedding shawl (knit in only 1 week!)
In December it was my mom's socks. The one pair I finished the day before we left for home.

I had intended to knit up a fun toy called "Which Came First" for Abi. It's an egg that flips inside out to become a chick. I now plan to make it for Ostara, which is not very far away.

For her birthday, however, I really want to finish this blanket I started long ago for her. Foolishly I made it using sock yarn and knit in a 1x1 ribbed pinwheel. It looks fantastic and it's wonderfully squishy, but slow as molasses to knit. Nearing the end I've switched to larger needles and DK weight yarn. It won't have as wide of a radius as I had intended, but I'm confident I can finish knitting it tonight. Weaving in all the ends is a whole other issue...

Early morning breakfast tomorrow, so I can't stay up too late... Best be getting back to work. Stay tuned late Sunday/early Monday for birthday photos.

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed