Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Approaching 11 months

Yep, we are approaching 11 months (just 3 days to go).
Mmhmm.
Yep.
Huh.
Doesn't seem so extraordinary. I remember when X months old seemed exciting, but at 11 months all I can think of is "in one more month she will be a year old" and that is exciting/crazy/happy-sad.
I am also thinking: "finally I can crop down photos from the last three months to fit in her monthly photo frame and complete it". It won't be fully complete until I add her birthday photo, but that is a larger picture in the middle (right now the space is occupied by her birth photo). I really love that frame, given to us by friends at Abigail's welcoming ceremony last spring. It's fun to see how she has changed over such a brief period of time.
In other news, you may recall me talking about how long it took me to secure approval from my university's Ethics Committee to do my research. That experience most certainly prepared me for future applications and as a result I had no problems at all with my most recent application getting approved. In fact, the reviewer commented on how well it was prepared. Yay me. Okay, well, it may not seem so impressive to you because you didn't spend a year trying to get one of these things approved.
In other other news, I am wondering why I start lace projects for baby blankets. I gave up on Abigail's when I discovered a problem near the bottom and was NOT about to restart it. Now I'm half-way through one for a friend and am trying to stay positive even though it feels like it is taking forever. Usually I do quick projects - they relieve tension and have an instant payoff. It really is beautiful and worth the work. And the process of knitting is still stress-relieving. It's rather like being in labour - one contraction (in this case row) at a time... ;)

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed