Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Gated Living

Today I made the trip to Babies R Us to gate Abigail into the living room. I was intending to buy this 12' wide gate/wall because I thought it was on sale. It retails for $130. It was not actually on sale. The dining room is a few inches wider than the living room and a couple inches too wide for the "wall", so I would have had to put the gate up across the open space and gotten rid of a table. However, since it wasn't on sale, I looked at other options and found this swinging gate that has screw-eye attachments. This means I can mount it at an angle from the corner of the dining room at the entrance-way to inside the dining room along the stairway once the stairs climb high enough to allow enough wall. It was $75. Then I grabbed one of the SafetyFirst gates on sale for $25 for the kitchen entrance by the oven. Abigail will be able to play in the full open area now.
I have the pressure gate in place (although we'll probably mount it to swing later) and will get Robin to mount the other this evening because already the one gate isn't much of a deterrent. Abigail knows both routes into the kitchen far too well. Currently I spend much of my day removing Abigail from the kitchen, only to have her turn around and head straight back - so she can play with Darla's food or water bowl, or with the Tupperware, or with daddy's beer bottles and can collection (ahem Robin). Today I decided enough is enough! And thus I went shopping.
The end.
(Photos pending)

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed