Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Monday, September 24, 2007

Babydom

Welcome to Mandy's Wonderful World of Babydom.


Let us tour the beginnings of the shrine.


On your left you will find the early stages of belly-growth art illustrating two weeks of growth (from week 14 to 16). This art will grow with the artist until it is a rainbow of lines with the growth shaded in.


Below is Mandy's perspective of her belly. (Do not note the mass of important papers strewn about the office floor.)





Next stop is the interior of the co-sleeper crib. Along the bottom is baby's first blanket, hand knit by myself. See where the balls of yarn changed - this was unintentional. Accompanying the blanket is a matching hat and booties as modelled by Bear. The blanket is my own design. The crocheted hat was a free online design.





Also featured is baby's first stuffed toy - the purple unicorn - who is modelling a knitted wool soaker (the first of two I've finished).


Following this are two knitted swirled hats using a free pattern found online. I asked Orin and Ericka to model these for us. I first asked Monkey, but she was unwilling to pose with a hat on.

Finally, here I am almost a year ago modelling a baby wrap I made. Inside is a 7 month old child happily sleeping.










***Mark your calendars for October 25***
This is the date of our ultrasound and pictures will be posted ASAP.
You can now start your bidding on whether it is a boy or girl.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Hey Mandy! Do you still make these wraps? I have a friend with a 6 month (almost 7 month) old, who is getting a tad heavy in her Baby Bjorne (i.e. heavy on mum's back). About what ages are your baby wraps best for? Is 7 months and up getting too big, or a good size? If a good size, how much would you charge for one of your wraps?

Hope you are well!

Katie said...

Thanks Mandy!
The baby bjorne she has is actually a front carrier, but I think she would prefer a sling as the baby gets bigger (I believe she has a sling that the baby is outgrowing as well). I will check out the stores in the area! :)

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed