Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Friday, September 22, 2006

What did I go and say that for?

The answer to a previous question is... at least once more.

I came home this evening to the smell of skunk in the yard and a russling at the end of the driveway. My heart froze. The garbage was knocked over. (I think tomorrow we'll get a new garbage bin that locks.)

Back to stepping out of the car... and I can see russling... I walk around the back of the car and around the other side to the doorstep. Then I see the black and white of the skunk, its tail towards me... thankfully running away.

Unfortunately, Darla was less fortunate. She went out earlier with Robin and spotted the skunk at the end of the driveway, right next to the front door. A face off began as Robin tried to call back Darla, but it was too late, she was set upon chasing the skunk. Again. Her "prize" was a "facial."

Robin washed her up quickly, and Darla smells okay again (a hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and dish soap mixture works wonderfully!), but the house reeks of that chemical scent again. And I had just gotten rid of it!!

Darla, on the otherhand, always has a beautiful clean coat lately.

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed