Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Skunk - not again!

How many times this summer must Darla find a skunk and chase it??
How many times will I have to bath her in soapy, baking soda and jydrogen peroxide?
What is that raven? Nevermore? Thank you!

I just thought I would share my woes with y'all.
Darla's all clean, but the scent lingers in the air outside and through our windows. Another stinky evening.

In other animal news, Fenwick has been venturing out of the office. Today she encountered both Gryphon and later Darla. Things were not exactly amicable, but I never expected them to be on first contact. Actually, these were second crossings... Gryphon saw Fenwick on my shoulder yesterday when I carried her downstairs to find a brush and Fenwick made her own way down to the basement (unbeknownst to me) last evening and sat at the base of the stairs watching Jesse and Darla. She's a brave one on her own terms.
Fenwick "flipping out" on the carpet. I told you, she's another Gryphon.
Gryphon is on the top and left (incase you couldn't tell).

I thought I would add some more photos, including composite images of Gryphon and Fenwick side by side for your comparison. The different lightings don't adequately highlight their differences. Fenwick is considerably lighter and is a tortie, plus her tabby markings are stripes (mackerel) whereas Gryphon's are spotted.
And yes, I've been camera happy since Fenwick arrived.
Also, I have learned that her name means "from the dairy farm in the fen". Must be where she gets her CREAMy colour from. (hahaha, I'm so CHEESY! hahahaha)
Fenwick likes my jokes. She's purring away beside the laptop screen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey folks!

What's new? Fenwick looks good. Are Gryphon and Darla taking to him? Not much new here. Get the house in a week! Talk to you soon!

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed