Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Monday, September 18, 2006

Quick Update

Darla doesn't smell like skunk anymore. Woot! It is raining today, so if she was still smelly the moisture would bring it out.

Fenwick is still largely in hiding, although now she moves between the office and basement. Movement is good, it means change, which will eventually lead to free-roaming... then whining to go outside with Gryphon. Oh no! Maybe I should let her hide. I was worried for a while because she's still not okay with Darla and Gryphon (although they have been very good with her presence), but friends have reminded me how long the process can take. I know Fenwick is a wonderful cat and that she will adjust and be happy here!

Robin has yet another shift-bid coming up and may finally get a decent 9-5 (or 8-4) weekdays shift with weekends off.

I'm slaving away at proposals and applications. I'm actually excited about scholarship applications this year because I think I actually have a chance! Still dealing with some students from this summer and immersed in the new TA job (which is actually a former job revisited, thus making my life a little easier).

Weather has been fabulous! Perfect autumn weather. Pouring rain today, and the plants love it. We had two great weekends for local Pagan Pride Day events in KW and Hamilton. Much fun was had by all. As an added bonus, I espied some great potential candidates for my research interviews and know how to contact them.

And to top it all off, there is Pez in my dispensers. mmm. original Pez too from my special collection. The last of it... When I say original, I mean the candies actually made in Austria instead of whatever thrid-world country they come from now. The recipe changed when they moved production. This was years ago...

TTFN

1 comment:

Megs said...

I just relized how long it's been since I've had a Pez. Enjoy!

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed