Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Take a break??

I met with one of my committee members today, and he advised me to stop studying.
Take a break?
What would I do with myself?
I'm not about to pick up another project. So I can't do more 'work'.
So when I got home, I admit, I did do a bit more studying. Then I took Amalthia out on the deck, tuned her under the shade of the deck umbrella, and played all my favourite tunes. It didn't sound too bad for rusty fingers.

And I also confess that last night I watched some TV - particularly Law and Order shows.
I think I've been managing my relaxation time pretty well. I don't feel overly stressed about Friday. Of course, I don't feel perfectly prepared either, but how can I expect to be so in a mere 3 months to learn 30 books and more than twice as many theories. (Some books are compilations of essays.)
So come Friday, I'll know what I know.
No point stressing over what I will forget, or what I might have missed.

I plan on watching Smallville and Supernatural as usual Thursday evening, and then going to bed for a good night's rest.

Thoughts of what I will have to dive into after Friday (more work) are hovering around me, but I'm ignoring them right now. We shall not speak of such things.

In other news, Robin's in the midst of yet another shift bid at work and once again he has crappy options. They're even trying to make people take split days off - which we checked in Ontario's labour laws... they can't do it. Not even with a written agreement between the employer and employee. That's not quite true, they could make employees have a split 'weekend' every other week, but not every week. And since the weeks at his work are always the same schedule, that's not an option for how they currently schedule shifts. But other employees may not realize this, and may avoid a good shift that is supposed to have a split weekend. Then maybe Robin can get the shift and proceed to inform the employer that they will have to reschedule the weekend to accord with provincial law. Well, we can hope for that situation at least. Because otherwise he may be stuck working until midnight!

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed