Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Spring Has Sprung

With exams over we're moving on.
Today I dug into our gardening project for this summer. I began to turn the soil on the slope. Keeping sure footing on a slope while you dig is not easy! I only got about 2/3 done. And I've decided to leave the rest for Robin! I also cleared away most of the old tree, the branches of which I'd laid across the areas to be gardened to keep grass from growing. It worked quite well, and the gardens have the added bonus of pine-needle mulch. I was pleased to see many worms in the ground. I can't wait to get some wood to build the beds!!! Many of the seedlings are probably aching to get out there too!
Thursday we have plans to spring clean. I'll cheer after it's all done I suppose. I intend to finally finish lining our kitchen cupboards too.
We're still car hunting. I hope we get something soon!

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed