Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Adventures with a Two Year Old

Maybe the blog needs a new title soon: Adventures with a Two Year Old.
And what an adventure it is! Full of fun and excitement and questions and giving orders to the animals.
"No Darla!" "Move Darla!" "Darla sit" (not surprising since the two of them are always at my feet).
The last week has been particularly fun. Abi's been home from daycare because of Spring Break, Robin's home with pneumonia, and I'm sick too. And by fun I mean trying, but also enjoyable when I have the energy to smile.

Saturday morning the Ostara Bunny came and left eggs full of Playdoh for Abigail. Unfortunately, she was only half dressed, so I can't share photos or video.

She's been enjoying her newly expanded train track (thanks to her Aunty V and Uncle S)I rearranged the living room to put the table back in the middle as a play area. With a box as a bench seat, she enjoys building puzzles at the table, colouring, and having tea parties with her birthday tea set.
She's also been trying to ride her scooter (handed down to her by a friend)
Taking the scooter out
Pretending to ride
She loves her Apple Boots (thanks Nana) and Apple vest (thanks again Nana).
Lately she's been wanting to watch two movies - Lion King and Aristocats. (She also enjoys the "teapot" movie - Aladdin.) She narrates the whole way through. Much to my surprise, last night she sat and watched Lion King from start to finish and cried when Mufasa died. Admittedly, with Robin and I sick, it's been quite convenient that she wants to watch a movie.

I know there was more I was intending to write about for a week, but I forget what. So I'll leave you with a couple new videos from the weekend.

Abi sings No More Monkeys as she attempts to put her new puzzle together. We hear a lot of this and the "Bus" song and "Everybody" (from Aristocats).

This is a rather long video, but I was trying to capture a snapshot of her usual behaviour. Lately she is sleeping long and eating TONS. A growth spurt is clearly pending. (Aunty Coco will appreciate the PJs).

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed