Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Saturday, July 25, 2009

5 Years

Photobucket
It's been five years (and a day) since Robin and I were married. I've been told that's quite an accomplishment, but it doesn't seem hard - so I guess that's a good sign that we'll have many more anniversaries.

Photobucket
We're not really the type to celebrate anniversaries, but we did have a fun evening picnic in the park (with Abi) and then going to see Transformers (without Abi).

Abi had fun too, while we were at the movie, playing with a kitten and kids.

I also wanted to share some of her art with you. A few weeks ago she found some pencil crayons and this leftover poster board and she began to doodle. Fortunately she has an innate desire to put crayon/pen/pencil to paper rather than on walls, furniture, etc. (Granted, paper includes books). I have some videos of her colouring that I will eventually edit and share. Today I pulled out her baby paint/markers and let her build onto her art piece.
Abigail's Art
Most of this was done by Abi, but I'm sure you can tell which brush strokes are mine. She actually finds these difficult to work with because she is used to holding a pencil and she holds a pencil quite well. Unfortunately, in this picture you can't see her pencil-crayon doodles - mostly below the painted area above the blue ball. Abigail was also quite colourful by the time she finished.

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed