Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Monday, May 11, 2009

Chicken Pox

You wouldn't know it to look at her, but Abigail has the chicken pox. She has a couple mini spots, but she doesn't seem too bothered by any of it. She is warm and sleeping half the day. Plenty of rest for my baby. When she is awake, she needs a lot of hugs. This is much better than when I had chicken pox. I was covered head to toe - with a particularly bad case on my big toe that had been infected previously. Oh, it was gross. My parents actually took photographs of us in the bathtub, covered in spots. And it was Christmas time, what a horrible time for a kid to have chicken pox.

Needless to say, I'm happy Abi got them now and in this way. Granted, I purposefully exposed her to a friend's kid who had just shown signs. We weren't sure Abi would catch them because she is still nursing. Now I don't have to worry about her catching them later.

(No pictures posted here, but there are new ones at flickr - which you can access from the left navigation bar at the blogger site)

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed