Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Canada's Wonderland

What an incredible day!
I still love Canada's Wonderland.
I wish I'd taken the camera, but I didn't want to worry about it while I was having fun!
We went on a lot of rides. Even Robin went on Rollercoasters. Yes, you heard me correctly.
My last ride of the night, as the clock was nearing 10pm (park closing) was the Bat. I saved the best for last because several months ago I dreamed of riding the bat at night and looking out over the Mountain with lights upon the waterfall. In my dream there were also fireworks. Riding the Bat again was just like my dream - minus the foreworks. (It would have been incredible if a show had started!)
Everyone really loved the new(er) ride Tomb Raider.
I remember when the stand-up rollercoaster came out (Sky Rider- and luckily I was a tall kid so I could ride it), and the suspended roller coaster (Vortex). Then they dame out with two roller coasters where your feet dangle (Top Gun and something in the kidzville) and Tomb Raider where you are laying on your stomach. There are some crazy (fun) designs!

We have many stories from yesterday - from nabbing theives (that was me reporting them to security after we watched them pull out stolen merchandise from their bag, while standing in line at the bumper cars, and try to jimmy the electronic security tags. They were right behind us in line, and apparently are so stupid that even though I held up the line so I could wait and talk with a ride operator so she could call security - they never even caught on. Not even when I was pulled from line by security to further identify the thieves. They just stood in line waiting to ride the bumper cars. Until security checked their bag and took them away of course.) to the potato-hut employees who must have been smoking up in back because they were so incredibly absent and incompetent to watching a woman whip past us on the Thunder Run (goes through the mountain) talking on a cell phone. Who sits in the back seat of a roller coaster to have a telephone conversation as it is running the track??

And now for something completely different (back to work).

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed