Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Solstice Greetings


Midsummer is upon us. Where did the days go?

Since returning to Kitchener we've kept busy.

Robin finished the outdoor painting.

I took off for another four days to attend Wild Ginger Witchcamp. (The pond and underwater tree photo are from camp.)

Darla has been encouraging me to join her outside.

I've been crocheting witch hats like they're going out of style (which they are not! never!)


And the days ahead hold even more fun!

We're going to Canada's Wonderland this weekend!!! I've not been in many years. Robin has never been. Do you think I will be able to convince him to ride a RollerCoaster? Because you know that's where I will be lined up all day!!

Let's see... solstice celebrations. Then I'm off AGAIN (last time this summer) for 6 days to attend Spirits of the Earth festival near London, ON.

Soonafter, Robin will be flying out to Winnipeg for the wedding of Justin and Christina.


As for my work, as suspected I have to resubmit my ethics proposal and they want me to do a pilot study with one family before I do the rest. It looks as if I won't really be starting my research until this fall. In the meantime I have research to do for someone else (paid work) and a course to prepare. I even have students registered already for my course. Which makes planning scarier - it was easier to do when there were no students...

And I suppose it is long past time that I submit works for publication. I hate editing. Or more precisely, I hate having to revisit old work. I much prefer moving on to a new project!


In garden news - it looks great. We had a long dry spell broken by thundershowers yesterday, which were not long enough. The frontyard flowers aren't at their best, but we've kept the veggies well hydrated. I saw peas today :) And we've had lettuce for a while now. And radishes.

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed