Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Two Years

July 2-4 has come and gone. This year I decided to stay in the country and spend time with Robin to celebrate our anniversary ;)
I will never live down the fact that I flew to Germany on the day of our one year anniversary...

This anniversary we spent the day in Toronto. We began with brunch at a tasty all-day breakfast place in the East Beaches. Robin had been there with friends and knew I would love it. I think it was called the Sunset Grill. I ordered pancakes (of course) with chocolate chips (it was practically lunch, which is how I justify the chocolate). When our server asked if I wanted the 3 or 5 pancakes, I chose 5... "Brave girl" he says... I thought I was hungry... I also thought that at that price they would be 5 smaller pancakes. oops. They were huge! Next time I'll stick with 3. Robin had a large 'hungry man' type breakfast.

After brunch (more lunch really, but we'd skipped breakfast) we took to the boardwalk and the trail around the nearby park. It was beautiful out there. From the tip of Ashridge's Bay Park we could see the CN tower and downtown skyline. We watched some boats for a while and enjoyed the water dancing over rocks below our feet.

We headed back to the beaches to the pub for a cold drink. It was extremely hot and humid out and water wasn't cutting it for me anymore. I was hoping for AC in the pub, but had to settle for outdoor shade with my beer.
Then we took in an early dinner at the Silkroad Cafe. We had wanted to go because we saw it transformed on Restaurant Makeover. The food was delicious and since we were able to order the lunch specials (still a large portion) it was also a great price.
After a long date we headed home.

On a very different note, since I'm giving updates, a few days before our anniversary we had to put down Jenny. She had a ruptured disc in her spine and subsequent neurological damage. I've blogged about this more intensely elsewhere and don't feel like revisiting that now.
I suppose I should change the title of the blog... but I'll wait until I have a new name to insert. Because, of course, we will rescue another cat. There is an "opening" now in our home for another feline to find his/her forever home. I've been talking with a rescue group in Hamilton and hopefully will hear back soon about our application.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you two had such a nice anniversary together! It sounds like a great day. We are very sorry to hear about Jenny. Joe and I both know how important she was to you and how cats are just one of the family. The cat that you find will be lucky to call your house home. I'm not sure if you have met our little (haha) Sigma or not but he was a welcome addition last November after we had to have Fred put down. We're thinking of you over here in Winnipeg and we wish we could have visited more when you we here, but that is the joy of a wedding. busy, busy and more busy! Looking forward to our next visit!

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed