Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Monday, October 03, 2005

Running for the Cure

On October 2, Robin and I walked for the cure for breast cancer at RIM Park in Kitchener, Ontario.
Thank you to everyone who sponsored us with donations. We appreciate all the support we have received.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here is Robin, in the midst of everyone waiting to begin...


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

...at the start line.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here is a small section of participants coming over a hill in the background. We were somewhere near the front of the middle section.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Here I am, at the side of the trail we walked, in a stinky field. It was not a good day to wear black (too sunny), but it's my pink ribbon shirt.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Robin runs the last leg to the finish line...


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

...and joins the other runners and walkers celebrating their finish.




If you are realizing now that you forgot to donate... there is still time :) I've receieved more than one inquiry about this. Go to https://www.cibcrunforthecure.com/html/personal_page.asp?track=1399027&languageid=1

3 More days until Robin's birthday... (October 6).

2 comments:

Megs said...

October 4, 2005
Good for you, doing the walk. I used to do the Walk for Wildlife, but I don't think anyone organizes it anymore. Thanks for the comment, and glad you like my blog. Textstiles is going really well - it is much easier going to class when you are doing something you enjoy.

Talk to you again soon,

Tassit said...

Hey wow I did the Run for the Cure in 2006 I think. Pretty neat! You've been blogging a long time Mandy, its like looking through a time machine.

They had blogs back in 2005? Wow! :)

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed