Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Sunday, October 30, 2005

End of October Update

Robin's birthday and thanksgiving weekend was quiet. We shared a yummy Thanksgiving lasagna dinner with Candace and Jon, Robin's cousins here. Our own turkey dinner plans were cancelled when nobody could make it :( Veronica was supposed to be in town with her BF, and we had originally planned our dinner to host our non-Canadian friends here, but they also could not attend. So no turkey for Robin and I. It was very very sad. Candace and Jon came over for a very delicious bakery cake to celebrate Robin's birthday a day early. (Again, nobody else could make it of Robin's acquaintences... hmm...) I had to work/TA on his birthday. Oh, wait, Chris did drop by on Robin's birthday while I was out.
Robin's dad visited just this past Thursday as part of a brief visit of family in Ontario. We had a wonderful day of walking the dogs (Darla and TJ - Alan's dog), visiting the St. Jacob's market, eating delicious food, and playing cards. (I kicked butt, not that I brag about such things. lol)
I needn't bother mentioning that I have been very very busy. That's not fun to write about. I did finally receiev a copy of my MA thesis in the mail. It looks so pretty and complete sitting on my bookshelf. Also framed my diploma and have my three diplomas so far hanging in my office.
I have ordered a laptop for my office from Dell. I was originally determined to get a Mac, an iBook to be exact, but I finally caved. It was within my budget and it had everything I needed EXCEPT I don't think I could live with a 12" screen as my primary office computer for all my writing... So I found an equally good Dell notebook with a 15" screen. My laptop will be even more powerful than my HP desktop here... I think that's kinda funny. More memory and faster processor (that will be awesome, although this one usually seems fast enough... and I'm quite hard on it, running many programs at once all the time). And I just realized that this comp is a celeron (yuck) while the laptop is a pentium (yay). Hey, what can I say, this computer was a great price, and has served me very very well.
Robin will like that he can chat with his friends in messenger more. And I'll like that I can be up in my office, as far from his noise as possible. That and closer to all my books, files, etc. We already have a wireless router (and the laptop is wireless) so networking will be easy.

Our digital camera broke the other day. It just froze up - open. The lens is exposed and it won't run on to shut down/close it! The nearest place to have it fixed in all of Southern Ontario is Missasauga and since the camera is open we don't want to ship it... so next drive out to Niagara Falls we'll have to swing by TO. So don't expect any photos soon.

I think that brings us up to date. Halloween plans include fun for me, sitting at home for Robin. I have an open ritual tonight and my coven ritual tomorrow night. So Robin gets to hand out candy. I suppose most people had their parties last night on Saturday. Candace and Jon are having a post-halloween party next weekend, but we already have a religious studies potluck to attend that night.
Darla goes in for surgery to be spayed on Wednesday and we will finalize the adoption that day as well. Then she'll be all ours!! :)
She and the cats get along great now. Between Darla and Gryphon I'm never walking alone. They're always at my feet and in and out of eachothers way. It's very funny. Gryph rubs up against her all the time as they both stare out the back window/door.

A final question for the comments section:
So what are you dressing up as for Halloween? (Or did dress as?) I don't care how old you are, everyone should dress up for halloween!!!
I'm going to be a "fluffy bunny" witch. I've got a pointed hat with colourful stars and moons. Colourful clothes. Tons of crystal and witchy jewellery layered on. Wings and a colourful wand (which I made for a Harry Potter viewing years ago). But the most fun part is all the buttons I made with foamy! They say things like "Gardener-arian Traditionalist" (on a flower), "Charmed Ones Apprentice" (complete with the show's symbol, which was fun to cut out!), "My name is Lady Serene Dancing Unicorn Dream Weaver", "I do not worship Satan," "Some of my best friends are muggles," "What would Goddess do," and "My great great great great grandmother was Burned in Salem [as a witch]. Never again the burning times." Okay, so some of this may be controversial, but it's fun. And of course it's satire, just incase anyone reading is starting to fume. I am fully aware that most of what I am wearing is stuff I own and wear, just not all together and in this manner... And for those who just don't get it at all... it's an inside joke in the Pagan community.

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed