Quote of the Now

Let the beauty of what you love be what you do
Rumi

Friday, July 06, 2012

Knitting with babies

For folks who've wondered how I manage to knit with twins, here's my response:

Note, I am not actually nursing here.
 A proper twins nursing pillow is essential to effective knitting. I've knit an entire large project this way... which I will share later. Thanks to Kat for the pillow!

Pete's Sweater
 Abi asked me to use this yarn to make Pete a sweater. So I did.  No, it was not fun to knit with.
Then Abi turns around and days later has a new favourite toy: Horsey.
Horsey is NOT getting a sweater.

Spinning
I've even managed to do some spinning in the past couple of days.  I've also made progress on the finger holes for Robin's riding gloves.  Only the thumbs remain to be finished.

Last month (June) I finished a few other projects:
Balls were a fun quick knit. One was a gift; 2 for twins.

Tweet gift

Poor photo of shawl (pre-blocking)

Shawl blocking photo to show the lace and shape. There are beads in the middle section.
My favourite is the Butterfly Forest shawl knit with some delightful Briar Rose yarn and some bead embellishments (plus nupps!).  I haven't had a chance to get a better photo yet.

No comments:

Too Big for My Skin

FB Blogfeed